How To Stop Hair Fall: Ayurvedic Treatment For Hair Loss
Ayurveda is an ancient system of traditional Indian medicine. It is based on the fact that everything depends on our health, including the condition of our hair. And very often, people face such a problem as hair loss, so the ayurvedic treatment system offers effective natural remedies to solve such a problem. For example:
- organic herbal hair dye;
- organic health supplements.
Ayurveda practices a comprehensive approach, removing the cause of hair issues from the inside out. Therefore, external remedies in oils, masks, herbs, and massages can help treat your hair. You should not use shower caps and towels when applying natural remedies to your hair at night. In this way, it increases the effect of Ayurveda. It is believed that regular performance of ayurvedic treatment leads to thick, shiny and healthy hair and can stop hair loss. The most important rule is not to skip hair care procedures and do it according to instructions. And how to apply them effectively, read in the next section.
How To Stop Hair Fall: 10 Ayurvedic Remedies
Ayurveda is rich in different herbs that are usually added to warm water and turned into a foamy, soapy product similar to shampoo. This mixture maintains the hair strand moisture and saturates it with nutrients. For this result, you only need a few herbs to make a mask or hair rinse. Ayurveda’s best hair care products are dried powders, flowers, leaves, and herbs. Therefore, if you want to avoid hair loss, the following natural remedies for treatment with Ayurveda are mainly for you:
This plant is highly valued in Ayurvedic medicine because it refreshes all follicles. Reetha is a hypoallergenic agent. It acts gently without irritating and disturbing the water-lipid mantle of the skin. It is an ideal option for those whose hair has become split due to its loss. So if you need to take advantage of reetha’s useful properties, do such ayurvedic treatment for hair loss.
How to use:
- Put about one handful of reetha in 300 milliliters of water;
- Boil it on low heat for 25-30 minutes;
- Apply the resulting consistency to wet hair near the roots;
- Gently massage the hair for 10 minutes;
- After that, rinse with warm water.
Shikakai contains antioxidants that restore and care for hair health. Its high vitamin C content can promote hair growth by boosting your scalp collagen. Also, due to its intense cleansing action, this herbal Ayurvedic treatment is commonly used as an alternative to medical shampoo for hair loss.
How to use:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of shikakai powder with 1/2 cup of coconut or avocado oil in a jar;
- Store this mixture in a cool, dark place for 2-3 weeks;
- When the oil is ready, take about two tablespoons and massage it into the scalp;
- Then rub the mixture along the entire hair length and leave it for 30 minutes;
- After that, wash off the shikakai mix with shampoo.
3. Organic Herbal Dye
Dyeing your hair with Fair For Life certified organic dye can also be an Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss. How? The composition of such paints contains only natural herbs and a healing plant complex. They are made of pure raw powders such as henna, beets, hibiscus, turmeric, aloe vera, chamomile, and other natural ingredients. They have high sustainability. This way, the hair absorbs all the nutrients and moisturizes the scalp. So, such dye effects positively impact follicles and can prevent hair loss.
How to use:
- Mix the paint powder with warm water;
- Apply it evenly to hair immediately after obtaining a homogeneous mixture;
- Put a shower cap on your hair;
- Keep it like this for 60-90 minutes;
- After that, wash off the paint with water.
Amla serves as a hair restorer. It refreshes, makes hair more elastic, and protects against breakage. It improves the color and texture of strands, intensively nourishes, and makes curls more well-groomed and strong. In addition, this natural remedy can be used as an organic amla supplement. So, take amla supplements or make natural masks to cure hair loss.
How to use:
- Put 10g of amla powder and 100g of sesame oil into a small bottle and mix;
- Leave the mixture in a dark place for one or two days;
- When the tincture is ready, apply it to clean hair as a conditioner;
- Leave it on your hair overnight;
- Wash off the amla with shampoo in the morning.
Brahmi is the next option to stop hair fall with ayurvedic treatment. It is a medicinal herb that helps maintain hair in perfect condition. The Brahmi powder also can keep the scalp nourishing and promote the healthy development of follicles.
How to use:
- Put Brahma powder into a vessel and pour hot water;
- Mix until a homogeneous mass;
- Let the paste stay for a while so that the powder dissolves well in the water;
- Warm the paste in a water bath and then apply it to the scalp;
- After the paste completely dries, it should be washed off the scalp and hair with warm water.
The ayurvedic treatment with neem is an excellent way to get rid of hair loss. It contains more than 300 phytochemicals that strengthen the hair multiple times. The calcium in neem oil prevents hair protein deficiency and thus helps against hair loss. Due to its healing properties, neem is considered the wonder plant of India.
How to use:
- Heat the neem oil in a water bath;
- Apply it to the scalp along the entire hair length;
- Massage your head for about 20 minutes;
- Keep the oil on your hair for 2 hours;
- After that, wash off with a natural shampoo.
7. Organic Health Supplements
If you do not have the opportunity to make regular masks or tinctures from different herbs, you can use organic supplements. They are no less beneficial than herbal masks. Such supplements contain many herbs and help environmental preservation. It means that it does not harm hair, and it’s how you can stop hair fall through the ayurvedic method. These can be supplements for immunity or the respiratory system. By taking them, you can improve your health in general and avoid hair loss thanks to natural components.
How to use:
- Take two tablets once or twice daily or as your health practitioner prescribes.
Caution: It is recommended to consult your health practitioner before using this product if you are pregnant, nurse, take medications, or have a medical condition. Also, be sure to keep it out of children’s reach.
8. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has been widely used in the cosmetic industry for decades. Since this plant contains active compounds that enhance hair condition. Most people use aloe vera in its natural form to better exfoliate dead cells and stimulate hair growth. It helps against hair loss, and treatment with this plant is considered one of the best in Ayurveda.
How to use:
- Place the aloe vera pulp in a bowl and thoroughly mix it with the coconut oil until smooth;
- Divide the hair into strands;
- Distribute the mixture on them, starting from the roots to the tips;
- Leave it on the head for one hour;
- Afterwards, wash your hair as usual.
This ayurvedic herb can be a regular treatment for hair loss, saturating the follicles with various nutrients. Jojoba oil is a natural source of valuable substances – amino acids, minerals, and vitamins. Various masks are made on their basis. This oil is added to shampoos and conditioners and used in its pure form. The product can penetrate deeply into the skin cells thanks to its structure.
How to use:
- Add 30 grams of liquid honey to one tablespoon of jojoba oil;
- Mix until smooth;
- Next, rub the mixture into the hair roots for several minutes;
- Keep it on your head for 40 minutes;
- After that, wash off the mixture with shampoo.
10. Coconut Oil
The list of ayurvedic treatments for eliminating hair loss includes coconut oil. It contains more than 40% lauric fatty acid, 15-20% myristic acid, and 10% palmitic and capric acids. Besides, this oil is rich in antioxidants. It includes vitamin E, so this oil has sustainability to rancidity and retains its healing properties for a long time. It accelerates hair growth and gives it a healthy look when used in its pure form.
How to use:
- Heat coconut oil in a water bath;
- Rub it into the scalp with massaging movements;
- Next, distribute the oil evenly along the entire strand length;
- Leave it for 30-40 minutes;
- After that, wash your head with shampoo.
In Ayurveda, hair’s health is the main criteria for assessing health. However, when a person’s hair falls out, they have physical or emotional health problems. Therefore, Ayurvedic treatment can help with your hair loss problems. The endless amount of herbs and vitamins in supplements will help make hair incredible and positively affect environmental preservation.
Can Ayurveda regrow lost hair?
Ayurveda uses various herbs that bring our hair the greatest benefits and can regrow it fast. So, its regular use will help you solve the hair loss problem and restore it to a healthy state.
Which vitamin is best for hair growth?
If you need to overcome an issue such as hair loss, you should take vitamin C. It contains many antioxidants that stimulate hair growth. This vitamin is found in many herbs, such as amla, rosehip, and organic supplements.
Does Ayurveda have side effects on hair?
Ayurvedic hair treatment is based only on natural methods and uses restorative herbs. It does not contain any toxic substances or preservatives. In this way, it positively affects the hair and gives a healing effect on your body.
How long does it take for Ayurveda to work for hair?
To avoid the problem of hair loss, you need to spend enough time to restore it fully. However, Ayurvedic treatment can cope with this issue faster than other methods, almost in 5-6 months. After this period, you will notice how the hair has become stronger and regained its healthy appearance.
Concerned about grey hair at an early age? Here is your guide to the reasons for young white hair and ways to avoid it. Do you worry about going gr...Read More
Are split ends and hair breakage a concern for you as well? Every time it breaks, we are aware of something that breaks every woman’s heart. ...Read More