How To Dye Hair Naturally: 6 Best Natural Hair Dyes
Do you want to change your image with new hair color? You can do it yourself using natural dyes. For this, you need to:
- Choose the appropriate homemade natural hair dye method, for example, chamomile, organic herbal coloring, or coffee;
- Make a mixture of the product and apply it to the strands;
- Rub it thoroughly along the entire length and leave for 30-60 minutes;
- Then you need to wash it off.
Although many salons offer hair dyeing and selecting colors, women prefer folk methods more and more every time. Unlike chemical dyes, they do not contain aggressive substances and, on the contrary, have a positive effect on hair. Nutrients in natural dye prevent hair damage and can give any desired shade. The main thing is to follow the correct dyeing instructions and use a special brush to apply it evenly. That’s how you can start to dye your hair naturally.
6 Tips on How to Color Hair at Home Naturally?
Natural hair dyeing methods have a few more advantages than chemical dyes. It costs less and does not harm your hair. Moreover, it gives hair silkiness and shine. Of course, such dyes do not color hair for as long as chemical dyes, but you can do herbal dyeing as often as you like. In addition, it is suitable for healthy and unhealthy hair, and such a dye is a good alternative that impacts hair. Therefore, if you do not want to use chemical dyes or do not have the opportunity to dye in a salon, homemade hair dyes are just for you. So, keep reading:
Beetroot has a bright color and a good effect on hair. Therefore, this natural healthy hair dye is a good alternative and can safely turn hair to a red shade.
How to make:
- Wash your hair in advance so that it is clean;
- Make a juice using a blender from 1-2 beets, depending on your hair length;
- Mix it with coconut oil;
- Apply this mixture thoroughly all over your hair;
- Use a plastic bag and wait an hour, then wash it off.
To maintain its beautiful red shade, you can do such home dyeing once a month. It will not only change hair color but also saturate it with nutrients.
2. Organic Herbal Hair Dye
Most people do not know that organic herbal colorings can be excellent homemade natural hair dyes. They contain only 100% natural coloring and conditioning ingredients. Moreover, many paint color options are available. These dyes are made of pure raw powders such as henna, beets, hibiscus, turmeric, aloe vera, chamomile, and other natural ingredients. They create natural, brilliant color shine and the best sustainability for your hair.
How to make:
- Choose the organic dye according to the hair length;
- Add warm water to the paint and mix to get a homogeneous mixture;
- Apply the combination evenly to the hair immediately after mixing;
- Wear a plastic cap and wait 60-90 minutes;
- After that, wash off the paint with warm water.
This herbal paint will give you a beautiful shade and make your hair shiny and healthy.
3. Lemon Juice
If you need advice on how to get your hair’s light color at home naturally, we can help you. For this, you need only one ingredient – lemon. Compared to chemical paints, lemon is safer and more valuable. It contains vitamins and rich essential oils.
How to make:
- Mix a quarter cup of warm water with one cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice;
- Apply the solution to your hair;
- Spray the mixture on the hair and lightly smear it with a brush for the full effect;
- Sit under direct sunlight for 60-90 minutes;
- After that, wash your hair with a conditioner.
Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see immediate results. The effect of such a homemade natural hair dye appears 3-4 weeks after the procedure.
Coffee is not only a delicious drink but also an excellent hair dye. It is ideal for those who want to make their hair a couple of shades darker. But to obtain the desired result, it is necessary not only to choose the right type of coffee but also to brew it correctly.
How to make:
- Pour three tablespoons of finely ground coffee powder into five tablespoons of water;
- Put this mixture on fire and stir thoroughly;
- After boiling, let it infuse for 15-20 minutes;
- Add a couple of drops of lemon or orange essential oil to the coffee mixture before applying it to the hair;
- Next, apply this mixture to the strands and let it soak in for 25-40 minutes.
Such homemade natural hair dye is difficult to wash off from the hair, so wash each strand thoroughly.
Henna is a natural red dye extracted from the Lawsonia inermis plant, which has high sustainability. It gives the hair a reddish-brown shade standing proud from four to six weeks. Henna does not contain harmful dyes and is considered one of the best homemade herbal hair dyes. It provides brilliant color, shine and volume while strengthening your hair.
How to make:
- Make a dye by mixing about half a cup of henna with one-fourth cup of water to form a paste;
- Apply the paste to clean, damp hair immediately;
- Cover it with plastic wrap;
- Leave it for about 60-90 minutes;
- Then, rinse the hair with plain water.
Henna from organic components will provide the hair with saturated color and work for it as a preventive measure.
If you don’t know how to dye hair naturally in a light shade, then chamomile is for you. This magical flower, in regular use, can lighten your hair by one or two tones. In addition, it will give your hair a healthy look, shine, and brightness because such dye is one of the best healthy hair dye alternatives to chemical dyes.
How to make:
- Brew half a glass of chamomile flowers in boiling water;
- After that, strain them a couple of times and allow them to cool down for 30 minutes;
- Next, apply this tincture to your hair along its entire length;
- Wrap the hair in a plastic bag and wait 60-90 minutes;
- After that, rinse with warm water.
Do this once weekly if you want the brightening effect to be more noticeable and last longer.
It is unnecessary to go to a salon or choose the most expensive dye to have hair of the desired color. Moreover, we usually complain about brittle hair after such procedures. Thus, you can prevent hair damage and be amazed by the result using this natural hair dye approach. Therefore, trying homemade herbal hair dye is enough to avoid such cases.
Should I put a plastic bag on my head when dyeing my hair?
If you want to achieve the result faster, we advise you to do it. When wearing a plastic bag on your head, the color of the paint penetrates the hair more intensively. It helps deliver heat more evenly, providing better coloring.
Can I dye my hair with food coloring?
Of course, food coloring is a great way to dye your hair. It is cheaper and does not cause as much damage as ordinary hair dyes. In addition, food coloring containing vitamins can give your hair fascinating shades and make it healthier.
Does natural dying harm hair?
If you dye your hair with organic herbal or natural products, you can not damage your hair. On the contrary, such homemade hair dyes as chamomile, coffee, and henna can improve the appearance of your hair. They contain vitamins and nutrients, so they do not harm.
Can I lighten my hair naturally?
Yes, you can. For this, you need lemon juice, an excellent hair lightener. Spray it evenly all over your hair and wait an hour. After that, rinse with water. The best effect will be if you spend the lighting process in the sun.
Are you aware of the benefits of aloe vera oil for hair? Aloe vera oil is able to help with hair loss and restore overall hair appearance.Read More
Suffer from dandruff in winter? It is a common problem in winter. Here is a list of 11 home remedies to treat dandruff in winter.Read More