How To Stop Hair Fall After Smoothening? 18 Essential Tips
After so many years of suffering from frizzy, unruly and voluminous hair, you decided to get a hair smoothening procedure and enjoy new curls. But did you suddenly discover that caring for such strands is reaching a new level and requires more thorough care? Do not worry! We have excellent advice for you. So, chemical hair smoothening is fairly simple, but hair care after smoothening is laborious and requires patience and effort. Smoothened hair is more prone to dryness, damage and self-frizz. To avoid such consequences, you must choose suitable shampoos and conditioners, properly comb your hair and nourish it with valuable ingredients. In our article, we will share life hacks to stop hair fall after smoothening and go through all the stages of hair care after the procedure so that you do not let yourself make a mistake.
Hair Care After Smoothening Procedure
In this and the following blocks, we will tell you what steps you should take to take care of your hair immediately after the procedure, three days later and after 15 days.
Here you are after the hairdresser, enjoying your new straight hair and wanting to try new hairstyles and outfits soon. However, the time has not yet come for this. To keep your hair as beautiful as you see it after smoothening, there are some steps you need to take within two weeks.
Immediately after hair smoothening to stop hair fall, you need to:
- Avoid water. Ensure that no drop of water can get on your hair for three days after the smoothening procedure. Yes, it is vital. For hair smoothening, you need to free up a few days to care for new hair to make it always shine properly. You can wash your hair only on the 4th day after the procedure;
- Don’t let your hair bend and break. Your task for the next three days is to take care of your hair as much as possible, even if it comes at the expense of your comfort. So, you are not allowed to make buns and pigtails, use pins, or put it behind your ears. Your hair should remain as straight as possible;
- Get ready for poor sleeping for three days. During these days, you should sleep so that your hair does not wrinkle and stays straight. You can use a special hair pillowcase to make your hair feel better.
3 Days Later
Congratulations! You survived the most difficult three days. Now it’s time for the first hair wash. However, remember to use sulfate-free and non-aggressive shampoo to wash your hair. You need to use only mild shampoos with beneficial properties.
Here are some practical tips for you after smoothening:
- Wash your hair with shampoo or conditioner, then rinse with cold water. You should always rinse your hair with cold water;
- Use a mild hair conditioner every third day and leave it on your hair for longer;
- Use hair masks;
- Combing your hair should only be done with a wide-toothed comb to keep your hair intact. When combing your hair, do not rush and do everything with care;
- Use the hair serum recommended by your hairdresser regularly.
With these easy-to-follow tips, you can achieve excellent results in your hair care and get the most extended straight hair possible.
15 Days Later
So, almost half a month has passed, and you are taking excellent care of your hair, but you don’t know what to do next? Everything is straightforward! Here are some practical tips on how to continue caring for your hair 15 days after smoothening:
- Eat healthy food. Like your body, your hair needs nutrients to stay beautiful and shiny. To do this, add a balanced amount of nuts, vegetables, dairy products, fruits, and fish to your diet. You can also get all the vitamins from organic food supplements;
- Cut your hair. To keep your hair from getting damaged and split ends, you need to trim your hair regularly;
- Forget hot styling. While this tip is not strictly necessary, since a bit of heat is unlikely to damage your hair, you still need to cut down on the number of times you use a blow dryer, straightener, or curling iron. Instead, use a diffuser or a cool setting on your hair dryer;
- Say ‘NO!’ to chemical procedures. For about 6 months, you should forget about hair dye or other chemical treatments on your curls. And in the future, use only organic hair dyes, as they won’t harm your hair;
- Protect your hair. Use a scarf and hat during cold weather and a hat in summer to protect your hair;
- Don’t hurt your hair. Avoid using hairpins, ties, and barrettes, as they can damage your hair.
Things To Keep In Mind After Hair Smoothening
So, you want to keep your hair looking its best. Here are some extra tips to help you take care of your curls effectively and make them silky and shiny:
- Avoid hard water. Avoid using hard water to wash your hair, as it can damage the integrity and health of your hair. Instead, opt for RO water;
- Dry your hair quickly. In the case of smoothened hair, you must remember that the softer the hair, the more damage it can take. It is known that even cold drying with a hair dryer can cause less harm than natural drying in the fresh air. In this case, always dry your hair as quickly as possible so as not to damage it;
- Do not oil your curls with hair oil too often. You may notice that cleaning the hair after the hair oil becomes much more difficult. This may require more shampoo. In this case, you wash your hair too often, which leads to a lack of healthy fats and nutrients in your hair. It is advisable to use hair oil every two weeks;
- Improve your sleep. Since the care of smoothened hair does not stop even during sleep, you must also consider nighttime. To do this, purchase a silk pillowcase. This solution will prolong the natural shine of your hair and will reduce the friction of your curls. Also, a great alternative would be a satin option.
The Result After Smoothening: Is It Good For Hair?
The answer to this question can be both positive and negative. Hair smoothening can be beneficial and harmful to your hair and even lead to hair fall that you will surely need to stop for overall health. On the one hand, chemical treatment of the hair will make it shinier, softer, and more radiant while endangering the curls and making them brittle and dry if misused.
Because of this, it is crucial to take proper care of the curls immediately after the smoothening procedure to prevent or stop hair fall. You are to select exclusively organic products such as shampoos, masks, and conditioners and protect your hair from environmental influences.
It is essential to take care of your hair after smoothening to maintain its healthy state and prolong the effects of the treatment. A few tips you should follow include using the right products, avoiding heat damage, and protecting your hair from environmental factors. By following these tips, you can ensure that your hair stays smooth and healthy for longer.
How often should I wash my hair after smoothening?
You should wait at least 48 hours before washing your hair after smoothing. If your hair is not getting greasy, refrain from daily shampooing. Shampoo every other day or try co-washing – use the conditioner as a shampoo and rinse it off.
What kind of shampoo and conditioner should I use after smoothening?
When choosing a shampoo and conditioner after smoothing, look for products designed for treated or color-treated hair. These formulas will be gentler for your hair and won’t strip away the keratin. Avoid products with sulfates, as these can be harsh on your hair.
Can I still use heat styling tools after smoothening?
You can still use heat styling tools after smoothing, but it is essential not to damage your hair. Use the lowest setting possible and avoid direct contact with the hair shaft. Using a heat protectant spray before styling is also a good idea.
How can I protect my hair from environmental factors after smoothening?
Wear a hat or scarf outdoors and avoid putting your hair into tight styles that can stress the hair shaft. By following these tips, you can take care of your hair after smoothening it and keep it looking smooth and healthy.
How do I know that hair smoothening is right for me?
Before you go through the hair smoothening procedure, make sure that it will be safe for the health of your curls. Healthy hair will survive the treatment best, while hair in poor condition will be harder to handle, and you may experience worse results. To avoid this, make sure your hair is healthy and can be chemically treated.
The two most popular Ayurvedic substances for developing healthy hair are fenugreek and hibiscus. They have been used for centuries for a variety o...Read More
Introduction: It takes more than just using the right products and trimming your split ends to have a head full of gorgeous, healthy hair. What is ...Read More